Please, accept my rocky apologise. I love the Flintstones, but I have always watched them in Spanish, so I do not really know how exactly this prehistoric family from Bedrock called all the things. So let’s be creative. Yabadabadooo!
I know some folks are trying to reduce the ingest of Brontosaurus meat. Not only because this poor fellow is in danger of extinction if not because we are living “healthy” times… Between rockquotes, because you can be vegan but chocolate, pasta and cookies are not the unique vegetables. Just saying…
To be honest, I had an issue with my marbleoven. I think the baby dragon who lives there was upset and he baked so high these babies so like I am off one’s rocker. I improvised, and I made fantastic Flintstones cars which there is no way in the whole internet to find how they are called. Boulders!
I hope you enjoy them. Just take care with the baby dragon inside your oven…
Flintstones Cars: ( 2 serves)
- 2 big zucchini
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots (reserve some slices to decorate)
- 100 gr peas
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs rice flour
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tbs olive oil
- dash of salt
1. With a sharp knife peel just one side of the zucchini, leaving some space without to peel at top and bottom. With the help of a spoon or of the same knife start to carve the zucchini reserving that parts of the veggie to one side. When you will have done rock ballerina flat shoes with your zucchinis. You are done.
2. Peel the rest of the vegetables. Eat onion skins it is not pleasant. And cut them very small. Not particle size but neither huge chunks. Find the balance. Reserve 1/4 cup of the onions and some carrot slices.
3. Get the stonypan. Put the baby dragon to work. If he gets upset because he never has free time and tells you is going to make a strike until will have better working conditions just hit him with the stonypan but take care, after, will be upset and he will cook the things faster. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. On the stonypan. Not on the baby dragon’s head. Sauté de veggies until they are soft. Add salt to taste. After, fill the Flintstones cars with them.
4. Now, get the Sappan. Beware, these ones are tricky… Add the other tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the reserved onion. Don’t hit the baby dragon this time or he will really mess up this. When the onion is soft, add the rice flour and, constantly moving it with a wooden spoon, add the soy milk. Take care, slow fire. If not the white sauce will be burned and you will need to start again. When it thicks, it is done. Pour it over the veggies inside the Flintstone cars. You can add cheese if you want over this but then it will not be “vegan”. It will be a cheesy joke…
5. Have a fight with the baby dragon again. You only want to golden brown the white sauce not to bake the cars. Anyway… Turn your marbleoven to the high temperature but cook this short time on the grill. Keep an eye on it, or it will happen to you the same it happened to me.
6. Take out your cars out of the marbleoven and add the carrot slices like if they are the wheels. Beep, beep! I think we are done. I hope you enjoy it and please, to the younger folks: “Watch the Flintstones. It is important.” Peace and Love