Today is the last of the year. Time to think about what has been in 2016, to make plans and resolutions for the upcoming year. And we all know, between all those goals they are always the same: to quit smoking, eat more healthy, practise more exercise… Most of those things are left aside on the second day… But we do those plans of good intentions and to become better.
Honestly, I have already shared my New Year’s theory. I believe New Year’s Eve must be celebrated the night before each one’s birthday. At least you had been born on January 1st. Well, on that case: “Yes, those people really start the New Year because they were there but not all the other ones who had not been born.” No worries, it is a time space technically. I wrote about it, somewhere.
Anyway, I must tell you: “I believe in you. I believe that if you really propose it you can start the year more healthy and doing the right choices on your path.” And for that, I want to help you with your purposes sharing a detox recipe. For the over excess of the passed days and all of that…
It is inspired by this one by Goop. However, it has certain variations. Mostly in taste and flavours. I have made it a bit more Mediterranean. Plus, and like and extra. The secret recipe of how to make garlic bread. Something which seems a mystery for so many and which is one of the basics at Southern Europe. Here bread is sacred. We cannot live without it and we reinvent it, in so many ways, that you cannot even imagine them. On any case: “Happy New Year to all!”
Ingredients (for 2):
For the soup:
- 4 to 6 medium-large carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbs oregano
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups of water
For the bread:
- 2 bread slices
- 1 garlic clove (1tsp of garlic powder)
- Fresh parsley (1tsp of dried parsley)
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbs olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 245ºC for 10 minutes. In between, wash and clean the carrots removing the stems or root hardness. Use a peeler for a smoother texture if you need it.
- Take aluminium foil. Wrap the carrots on it. Put on a tray and cook them to slow temperature for an hour.
- On a pan, add the olive oil. Let it warm. Add the chopped onion, garlic and, if it is used, fresh ginger. Sauté lightly until everything will become tender and fragrant. Set aside. If you haven’t used fresh ginger, add now the powder one. Stir and let it cool until the carrots will be done.
- Once the carrots are ready, remove them from the aluminium. You will see they are caramelised but not juicy. Put them in a blender, add the onion and garlic sauté. Add two cups of warm water. Process everything until it will have a nice smooth texture.
- Serve it on bowls add for to drizzle it some oregano and, if you wish, a bit more of olive oil.
- On a mortar, smash the peeled garlic. Work it until it will become a smooth paste. Add the parsley and repeat the same working with the pestle until to make a thick paste. Incorporate the olive oil slowly while you are working on the paste, this will give to everything a thicker consistency. NOTE: if you are using powdered or dry species skip this step, simply blend the ingredients together until to give to them certain consistency.
- Spread the spiced mixture over the bread. Using an oven or a grilled toast it to taste. Now do not deny the secret was not so complicated. Best.