Here, in Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band, I like to make some recipes without gluten, lactose and the more vegetal possible. But that does not mean I enjoy meat or fish in time to time. For this reason, I make mt best to give you different options for to satisfy most of your palates. However, you can readapt these recipes and show your creations. Because I am sure that you are going to improve these recipes in your kitchen.
This month, between all this Oscar‘s celebrations, the beginning of the spring… I thought that it was better to cook something simple and easy which can be eaten as an entrée of a dinner, like any hour snack or as a snack for an event of a party. I hope you try this because it is super simple. Remember that you can change everything gluten-free or lactose-free for your favourite ingredients.
Time Out Buns
Ingredients: (for 6 buns)
- GF Puff pastry. We like Schär but you can use any other brand or make your own using this GF Croissant Recipe
- 1 tbs of olive oil.
1 tbs of sesame seeds.
1 tbs of garlic powder or onion powder.
1 pinch of salt (only for tofu buns)
2. To all of you who follow this blog from long ago. You know that I like to squeeze the water to the tofu with the Pepper’s method. So wrap the tofu with a paper towel, put one dish bellow and other above. Then, put an anvil on the top and then, obviously, add a piano. This method it is completely effective and it will guarantee that your tofu is completely pressed. Not other methods can ensure you the same effectivity. Tested.
3. Remove the piano and the anvil. Please do not try to change the other or you could find yourself in troubles. Remove the dishes, the paper and cut the tofu into six slices. Put each one over one of the pieces of puff pastry.
3a. The carnivores have it easy this time. Simply cut the Frankfurt sausages in half and put each one of them over the pieces of puff pastry.
4. Mix all the seasonings in a bowl and distribute evenly the sauce over the six pieces.
5. Wrap the puff pastry folding each corner towards the centre and after, fold the remaining laterals towards the centre too. Turn all the pieces upside-down leaving the wraps in touch with the baking sheet. You should have six uneven wrapped rectangles with the smooth surface looking towards you.
6. Use beaten egg for a shinier glossy golden look or water with a bit of corn syrup if you prefer a sweet taste with a glossy look. But, anyway, paint them lightly with a kitchen brush. NOTE: If you do not paint the pastry it will never be golden it will look fluffy but of the same colour than it was when it was raw. Do not try to overcook it because it will turn burn.
7. Cook them for 30 minutes or until they look golden. When they are done put them on a cooling rack or in a dish but please wait until they will cool completely to eat them. Enjoy them and good luck!